The application portal is now closed! We welcome your application for October 2021 enrolment from February 2021 onwards. Current applicants will receive updates on June 4th, June 26th and July 10th.
Dear Interested Student,
Thank you for visiting the Molecular Medicine application portal. The application portal is open for applications for the MSc program starting in October 2020. While the process of completeing your application should be self-explanatory, below is a brief overview of what you will need to do in order to complete the application. If you run into difficulties, please email us at email@example.com (and don't forget the "s" in the word "admissions"). We will do our best to answer you within an office day. If you opened an application account prior to July 2019 and wish to apply or re-apply, you need to re-register.
Application deadline: June 1st 2020 at 10AM CET for all applicants. Your two referees will have until June 1st 2020 at 10AM CET to complete their evaluation of your work.
- We do not take application fees (the program fees and matriculation fees are listed on our webpage https://molecular-medicine.charite.de/en/admission_application/financing-scholarships/)
- We do not conduct our admission process on a rolling basis. However,
- Do not wait until the last minute to apply; if you experience technical or logistical difficulties we cannot extend the deadline for you. Plus, you also want to give your referees some time to submit their reference letter (experience has it that referees often need 3-4 weeks to submit their evaluation). Furthermore, if time allows, we will be able to ask you some questions if some elements in your application aren't clear. Corona / SARS-CoV-2 update: we can't extend the deadlines any further, as we otherwise won't be able to get the decisions out on time (for the students to apply for a visa etc).
Notification of admission: latest by July 17th 2020 via the email address you enter in the system when you register to apply. Updates will be send out on June 4th, June 26th, and July 10th. These updates might ask for some additional information (in case things are unclear to the admissions committee), and might require an answer within a week! After you have received our acceptance letter you will have two weeks to accept our offer.
Basic Directions for completing the online application.
When you enter the application portal you will be asked to first register in the system before you can begin filling in the application form. To register just click on the "Create an Account" link on the left. Once you have registered you can return to your application form and work on it as often as you wish, including to make changes, until you have completed it and are ready to submit. You do not need to upload all required documents in one session.
For the application you will need
- To upload a high school transcript, a current transcript (in English or German), and
- A language test result if you have it (see the program's website for more information), or other proof of language proficiency.
- To supply contact information for two people who can provide letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- If you have received any awards or scholarships you can also upload certificates and documents regarding this.
- There are also opportunities for you to upload other additional documents if you think they pertain to your application.
- Towards the end of the application you will be asked to explain why you wish to pursue our master program (letter of motivation). Please make sure you take your time writing this essay and by all means read the hints and tips for letter of motivation which is in the admissions download section of our website.
- All the other questions on the application are relatively straightforward and can be answered directly in the application form.
We are looking forward to reading your application!
Dr. Eddy Rijntjes
“The great thing about this program is that it gives students a chance to experience many different areas of research. I wasn’t sure about what to focus on, but through this program I learned about the research of a lot of different professors, gained exposure to several different excellent research institutes, and was able to decide what topic I most wanted to pursue for my PhD.” Eugenia Rojas, graduate 2011.